In this video we expand about what’s known about fasting and the immune system, as well as autophagy and mTOR inhibition (via the drug rapamycin) and whether it’s a good idea to incorporate prolonged fasting right now.
We also discuss some interesting findings about how the drug Chloroquine affects the similar autophagy-related processes that are increased via fasting.
Related Content: For more videos on autophagy check out our detailed Autophagy Enhancer eClass that discusses foods, exercises and fasting plan and more: https://courses.highintensityhealth.com/autophagy-enhancer-masterclass
View this post on Instagram
Hot Off the Press: the first ever randomized cross-over clinical trial to evaluate how time-restricted feeding (TRF) impacts circadian clock genes, glucose, BDNF, 24-hour glucose, autophagy and various hormones. Like and Save this one so next time the Sheeple who follow fitness pundits yet can’t think for themselves says stuff like, “Meal timing doesn’t matter…it’s all about calorie balance!” 🤦🏽♀️🤦🏽♀️ Will be diving into the nuances and key takeaways from this study tomorrow AM on my YouTube channel. #autophagy #timerestrictedeating #timerestrictedfeeding #intermittentfasting #fasting #bloodsugar #glucose #cico #energybalance #science #mitochondria #autophagyfast #functionalmedicine
- Jang YJ, Kim JH, Byun S. Modulation of Autophagy for Controlling Immunity. Cells. 2019;8(2):138–22. doi:10.3390/cells8020138.
- Yang N, Shen H-M. Targeting the Endocytic Pathway and Autophagy Process as a Novel Therapeutic Strategy in COVID-19. Int J Biol Sci. 2020;16(10):1724-1731. doi:10.7150/ijbs.45498.
- Ana M Villamil Giraldo HATEAKÖ. Lysosomotropic agents: impact on lysosomal membrane permeabilization and cell death. November 2014:1-12. doi:10.1042/BST20140145.
- Jamshed H, Beyl RA, Manna Della DL, Yang ES, Ravussin E, Peterson CM. Early Time-Restricted Feeding Improves 24-Hour Glucose Levels and Affects Markers of the Circadian Clock, Aging, and Autophagy in Humans. Nutrients. 2019;11(6):1234–16. doi:10.3390/nu11061234.
- Mannick JB, Del Giudice G, Lattanzi M, et al. mTOR inhibition improves immune function in the elderly. Sci Transl Med. 2014;6(268):268ra179-268ra179. doi:10.1126/scitranslmed.3009892.
- Kraig E, Linehan LA, Liang H, et al. A randomized control trial to establish the feasibility and safety of rapamycin treatment in an older human cohort: Immunological, physical performance, and cognitive effects. Experimental Gerontology. 2018;105:53-69. doi:10.1016/j.exger.2017.12.026.